R.H. White’s department retail outlet, Lincoln Plaza, Worcester

Lengthy right before Target took up home in Worcester, long ahead of TJ Maxx decided…

R.H. White's department store in Lincoln Plaza, shown in 1980, closed for good in 1987.

Lengthy right before Target took up home in Worcester, long ahead of TJ Maxx decided to be a tenant for a next time at Lincoln Plaza, R.H. White’s was the anchor retail store at the largest regional browsing center in the Northeast.

Founded by Ralph Huntington White in 1853, R.H. White’s opened its 82,000-square-foot Lincoln Plaza keep on March 17, 1954, as a department of R.H. White’s of Boston. 3 yrs later, the Worcester retail outlet grew to become R.H. White’s headquarters.

Lincoln Plaza has a extensive retail record. Other plaza occupants during the time of R.H. White’s bundled Abdow’s Big Boy, Anderson-Very little, Large D Grocery store, Ebook Corner, Boston Child Carriage Co. Inc., Fanny Farmer Candies, Fell’s Deal Store, First Nationwide Supermarket, Kennedy & Co. Inc, Lafayette Radio Electronics, L.B. Wheaton, Liggett Drug, Lincoln Lanes, Lincoln Plaza Theatre, Magay and Barron Opticians, Papa Gino’s, Plaza Barber Store, Plywood Ranch, Sam’s Bakery, S&H Environmentally friendly Stamp, Singer Sewing Center, Thom McAn, Weintraub’s, Woodrow Stores Inc., F.W. Woolworth and Zayre.