Great early morning, OPRF! Let us get to modern headlines.
1st, present day climate: Rain in the evening and right away. Superior: 88, low: 73.
Below are the prime tales in Oak Park-River Forest currently:
1. Oak Park expert one particular of the greatest raises in professional property taxes in Illinois in excess of the previous two a long time, in accordance to Cook dinner County Treasurer Maria Pappas. The village gathered 20 per cent additional in complete business tax income in 2020 than in 2019. (Wednesday Journal)
2. The Oak Park Home Corporation awarded $2,000 scholarships to two Oak Park River Forest High School graduates who reside in OPRC properties. Charmir Akins and Josiah Turner were being the initial winners of the new scholarship. (Wednesday Journal)
3. “The way that we are striving to put a lid on the transmission of coronavirus is by owning people put on masks,” Oak Park Health and fitness Director Dr. Theresa Chapple-McGruder claimed in a new village video about the community mask mandate. “My mask safeguards you, your mask shields me.” (VOP)
4. The Village is choosing! Open positions include animal manage officer, human resource coordinator and a lot more. (VOP)
5. The Illinois Department of Public Well being will distribute COVID-19 vaccines this weekend at Franklin Park Fest, which starts nowadays regardless of surging coronavirus instances. (Franklin Park-Herald Journal)
Deliver flowers these days to somebody you treatment about. Our associates at FTD are earning that a lot easier by providing Oak Park-River Forest Each day visitors a 15 percent discount on orders by means of this connection: Click on here to make another person feel magnificent.
Right now in Oak Park-River Forest
- Madison Avenue Theater offers “Get Satisfied – Angela Ingersoll Sings Judy Garland.” (10 a.m.)
- Oak Park’s Citizen Involvement Commission fulfills. (5:30 p.m.)
- The Oak Park & River Forest Higher College Board fulfills. (6:30 p.m.)
- River Forest librarians share new titles with “E book Buzz.” (7 p.m.)
- Comedy Club night time at Oak Park Brewing Firm. (8 p.m.)
Oak Park-River Forest Patch Notebook
- Dominican University is one particular of extra than 360 non-public and public campuses demanding COVID-19 vaccinations. (DU)
- Oak Park and River Forest Large School officers are responding to inquiries about why they are not able to mandate COVID-19 tests for unvaccinated pupils. (OPRFHS)
- The Oak Park Community Library is offering guide club kits to assistance cardholders start their possess clubs. (OPPL)
- North Riverside officers are inquiring park website visitors to prevent feeding wildlife. (Riverside-Brookfield Landmark)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting regional news!
Which is all for today! See you back again below tomorrow for the Friday version of the Patch Daily.
— Georgi Presecky
Have a information suggestion or recommendation for an approaching Oak Park-River Forest Daily? You can electronic mail me at [email protected]